- HDMI® Support for 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC
- Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™ Decoding
- Direct Digital Connection of iPod/iPhone via Front-Panel USB Port
- Internet Radio and Cloud Music Streaming Service Connectivity (Last.fm, MP3tunes, Spotify, AUPEO!, vTuner)*1
- Picture-in-Picture Input Source Preview with InstaPrevue™ Technology
- Playback of Audio Files Through Local Network (MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, LPCM)
- Supports Onkyo Remote Apps for iPod touch/iPhone*2 and Android Phone*3
- WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology)
- Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) with Quick Set-Up and Home Menu
- Zone 2 Line-Out for Distributed Audio Playback in Another Room
- Hybrid Standby Function to Reduce Power Consumption
- 130 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 Channel Driven, IEC)
- H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply) Massive High Power Transformer
- Discrete Output Stage Circuitry
- Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry
- PLL (Phase Locked Loop) Jitter-Cleaning Circuit Technology for S/PDIF Audio
- TI Burr-Brown 192 kHz/24-Bit DACs for All Channels
- Advanced 32-Bit Processing DSP Chip
- 4 DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG
- Advanced Music Optimizer for Compressed Digital Music Files
- Theater-Dimensional Virtual Surround Function
- Direct Mode and Pure Audio Mode
- Double Bass Function
- Non-Scaling Configuration
- A-Form Listening Mode Memory
- 6 HDMI Inputs and 1 Output
- Front-Panel USB Port
- Mass Storage Class USB Memory Playback Capability
- Compatible with Optional UWF-1 Wireless LAN Adapter via USB
- HDTV-Capable (720p/1080i) Component Video Switching (2 Inputs and 1 Output)
- 5 Composite Video Inputs (1 Front/4 Rear) and 1 Output
- 4 Digital Audio Inputs (2 Optical and 2 Coaxial)
- 6 Analog Audio Inputs (1 Front/5 Rear)
- Subwoofer Pre-Out
- Color-Coded, Banana Plug-Compatible Speaker Posts
- Headphone Jack
- Crossover Adjustment (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control (Up to 400 ms at 48 kHz)
- Tone Control (Bass/Treble) for Front L/R Channels
- 3-Mode Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
- RDS (PS/RT/PTY/TP) (European Model Only)
- 40 FM/AM Random Presets
- Certified with Windows® 7 and DLNA Version 1.5
- Firmware Updates via Ethernet and USB
- RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI) for System Control
- Preprogrammed RI (Remote Interactive) Remote Control
Cloud-Based Audio Streaming and Internet Radio Over the Home Network
Connecting to the internet and your home PC via a local network, the TX-NR414 makes streaming audio and internet radio easy. You can also play MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, and LPCM audio files stored on your PC through your Onkyo system with stunning power and fidelity. The receiver offers access to internet radio channels from Last.fm and vTuner, plus cloud-based music streaming from Spotify, AUPEO!, and MP3tunes*. Internet connectivity has the added benefit of making firmware updates simpler than ever.
*Availability of services depends on region. Some services may require a firmware update.
Audio Return Channel and 3D Video via HDMI®
Six HDMI inputs on the TX-NR414 allow seamless integration of high-definition devices such as Blu-ray players, cable/satellite tuners, and gaming consoles. HDMI implementation on this receiver also supports an Audio Return Channel, allowing TV audio to be sent upstream to the A/V receiver. That means you can enjoy television programs in magnificent Onkyo sound. HDMI also supports 3D video and other popular high-resolution formats.
InstaPrevue™ Technology Makes Switching Sources Easy
The TX-NR414 incorporates InstaPrevue visual port management technology, making input source selection much easier. InstaPrevue technology provides a live video thumbnail of the available content on your devices connected via HDMI. You no longer have to remember that your gaming console is connected to Port 3, or your BD player to Port 1, for example—you can see what’s playing and choose accordingly.
Onkyo Remote Apps for iPod touch/iPhone and Android
The Onkyo Remote App 2 for iPod touch/iPhone*1 and Onkyo Remote for Android*2 both provide an intuitive way to operate Onkyo network A/V receivers. Control input sources, adjust settings, and play audio stored in a smartphone wirelessly (Android only) using the application’s interactive graphical display. The two Remote Apps are available separately as free downloads.
*1 Compatible with iPod touch (3rd generation or later) and iPhone 3GS or later. All models require iOS 4.2 or later. *2 Requires Android OS 2.1 or later.
Save Power with Hybrid Standby
Hybrid Standby provides ‘HDMI through’ functionality while the receiver sleeps, so you don’t have to fully power up to watch a Blu-ray or play a game using just your TV’s sound. The receiver also maintains a local network connection when on Hybrid Standby mode, so you can switch the unit on at any time using the Onkyo remote apps for iPod touch/iPhone and Android.
WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology) Delivers Higher Fidelity
WRAT is a suite of proprietary technologies Onkyo developed to improve signal-to-noise ratios, and enhance the fidelity of amplified audio. The technologies work to reduce noise across the frequency range, guaranteeing a clear, well-balanced performance. It does this by employing a low negative-feedback amplifier design; using “closed” ground-loop circuitry to cancel noise from individual circuits; and by ensuring high instantaneous-current capability to cancel reflex energy and impedance fluctuations from the speakers.
Overlaid On-Screen Display with Quick Set-Up Menu
The receiver’s HDMI-linked On-Screen Display (OSD) makes initial set-up and in-program calibration very easy. The ‘Q’ button on your remote overlays a transparent ‘Quick Setup’ menu on the program you’re watching. This handy shortcut includes the most frequently used settings, and helps you optimize your home cinema’s performance with the minimum of disruption. The ‘Home’ button accesses standard set-up menus for more detailed adjustment.
Enjoy Lossless High-Definition Movie Soundtracks
The TX-NR414 can decode Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™—two “lossless” Blu-ray formats that deliver a soundtrack identical to the studio master. The TX-NR414 also handles Dolby® Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio™. Dolby Digital Plus is designed to accompany HD video delivered via disc media, television broadcasts, and online content. DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, meanwhile, offers a higher bit and sampling rate than the core DTS technology.
Direct Digital iPod/iPhone Connection for Cleaner Sound
The TX-NR414’s front-panel USB port lets you play MP3 and AAC stored on an iPod/iPhone, and MP3, WMA, AAC, and FLAC audio files stored on a flash-memory device using the system’s own remote for track selection and playback. Your music will also sound much cleaner and clearer, as the audio signal is transported in digital form (rather than analog) via the direct digital connection.
Top-Quality DACs Deliver Clearer Sound
Digital-to-Analog converters are of particular importance to audio fans seeking excellent sound reproduction, and the TX-NR414 features reliable, high-performance 192 kHz/24-bit chips from Burr-Brown. As well as optimizing analog performance, these DACs are highly resistant to “clock jitter”, a subtle form of digital distortion.
Playback of Different Audio Sources in Two Zones
Zone 2 line-outs on the TX-NR414 allow you to enjoy surround-sound entertainment in the main room, while playing back a different stereo source in a second zone equipped with an amplifier and a pair of speakers.